Field Service Engineer Job Description
Utah Scientific Inc., is always looking for energetic, talented people who share our passion for the broadcast
equipment industry and want to join us in serving this dynamic, growing market. The requirements listed below
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for the Field Service Engineer. The right
candidate will be given the opportunity to grow.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associates Degree or equivalent experience (5+ yrs. experience in the Broadcast industry is a must). Individual
should be self-driven, requiring little direct supervision. Must be proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Most of your time will be spent fielding customer service calls, troubleshooting equipment, training customers,
and commissioning systems. Performing the duties below will execute this job.
Customer Service Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Includes the following, other duties may be assigned.)
1. Customer service phone support on HD/SD-SDI video/audio routing and master control systems; including
troubleshooting, training, analyzing, and configuring systems of the above mentioned equipment.
2. On-site system commissioning and training per customer request.
3. Make emergency customer visits as needed.
4. Create, build, and configure custom systems for all types of Utah equipment as requested.
5. Become proficient on all current Utah Scientific hardware and software.
6. Have a basic understanding of interfacing all Utah equipment including legacy gear.
7. Strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
8. Interface with manufacturing, engineering and sales to resolve customer issues.
9. Provide feedback for product improvement and new product development.
10. Work with other departments to reach positive outcomes.
11. Ability to multitask the responsibilities listed above.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed above are a general representation of the knowledge, skills and or abilities required.
Travel expectations for this job are 50%. Trip reports are required after each trip.
Timely expense and activity reports and maintaining expenditures within approved budget. Achieve an
acceptable level of customer satisfaction.