Utah Scientific Inc. is recruiting a sales manager in the Midwest Regional Sales Manager to join our team. We have rich benefits, long-tenure employees, and a great place to make career roots! Utah Scientific was born to serve the broadcast industry and has become the world’s leader in the video routers, master control switchers, related control software and products to support the transition to IP. We have more experience with those products than any other manufacturer, and we take pride in knowing that their reliability and performance is unmatched by any product line in the industry.
Utah Scientific customers include television stations and broadcast operations worldwide. Thanks to incomparable performance and reliability, high standards and uncompromised integrity, our industry-leading products and best-in-class service and support have been recognized three times by Frost & Sullivan with its global Customer Service Leadership Award as well as the industry’s best warranty at 10-years. Utah Scientific is always looking for energetic, talented people who share our passion for the broadcast equipment industry and want to join us in serving this dynamic, growing market. To learn more about the company and this position go to www.utahscientific.com, “Careers”
Utah Scientific is looking for a self-motivated Regional Sales Manager for the Midwest (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV, PA, NY, NJ, DE, Ontario, Quebec, and Eastern Canadian provinces.) The ideal candidate will be centrally located within the Midwest territory.
Utah Scientific Inc., is always looking for energetic, talented people who share our passion for the broadcast equipment industry and want to join us in serving this dynamic, growing market. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for the Midwest Regional Sales Manager. The right candidate will be given the opportunity to grow.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s degree a plus) or equivalent industry or sales experience. Need 5-15 years’ experience in Technical Sales (Broadcast Industry Sales a plus), background in Broadcast Engineering is helpful. Individual should be self-driven, requiring little direct supervision. Must develop an understanding of territory’s customer base and marketplace as assigned.
V.P. of Strategic Accounts
Ideal candidate will be centrally located within the Midwest territory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with V.P. of Strategic Accounts to coordinate and develop a roadmap of sales activities within your territory.
- Visit potential and existing dealers/customers within the assigned territory on a regular basis to assess needs, and develop solution-based, customer specific, product packages.
- Create presentations, block diagrams, support tools, etc. needed to give dealers/customers appropriate system recommendations.
- Configure quotes for product packages and system recommendations.
- Must use, and keep current, the ACT! database with all sales product activities and customer contact information in your territory.
- Attend and support trade shows and meetings in the defined territory as well as pertinent national and international shows.
- Develop and achieve order intake within the guidelines of the corporate plan or territory quota.
- Provide management with the information necessary to adequately forecast potential business within the territory.
- Monitor, evaluate, and communicate on the activities and products of the competition.
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans to help meet corporate goals within the territory by directing the training and coordinating sales among Dealers, System Integrators, and Sales Representatives.
- Assist the Partners as required to establish and maintain customer relationships, help make sales presentations, and negotiate and close business.
- Communicate and work with company departments to organize demo systems, signage and paperwork for tradeshows and customer specific demo’s.
- Work with Sales management on creating and implementing efficiencies in the sales processes.
- Provide information to and work with V.P. of Sales Operations on all items pertaining to your assigned territory and the Sales department as a whole.
- Achieve an acceptable level of customer satisfaction within the assigned territory.
- Perform other jobs as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must reside in the territory and be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and or abilities required. Must be proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint). Entrepreneurial spirit, team player, highly organized, and ability to multi-task. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position requires extensive travel within the territory. Travel expectations for this job are 50%. Must plan and report timely travel activity and expense reports that maintain expenditures within the approved budget.
If you meet the minimum qualifications and are interested in applying for this position please e-mail your resume attention Mindee Barnes to firstname.lastname@example.org