Regional Sales Manager Job Description
Opportunities like this don’t come around very often but due to retirement, Utah Scientific Inc., is looking for its next Regional Sales Manager to join our team. If you’re an energetic, talented sales manager who shares our passion for the broadcast equipment industry please read further.
Utah Scientific was born to serve the broadcast industry and has become the world’s leader in the video routers, master control switchers, and related control software. We have more experience with those products than any other manufacturer, and we take pride in knowing that their reliability and performance is unmatched by any product line in the industry. Utah Scientific customers include television stations and broadcast operations worldwide.
We have rich benefits, long-tenure employees, and a great place to make career roots! The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for the Southeast Regional Sales Manager. The right candidate will be given the opportunities to earn a substantial income (base salary plus additional monthly commissions) and grow within the company.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s degree a plus) or equivalent industry or sales experience. Training and sales engineering help will be provided. Need 5-10 years’ experience in Technical Sales (Broadcast Industry Sales a plus), background in Broadcast Engineering is helpful. Individual must be self-driven, requiring little direct supervision. Must develop an understanding of territory’s customer base and marketplace as assigned.
V.P. of Sales
Ideal candidate will be centrally located within the Southeast territory or near Salt Lake City, UT where the company is based. Manage sales activities of the territory you are assigned by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with V.P. of Sales to coordinate and develop a roadmap of sales activities within your territory.
- Visit potential and existing dealers/customers within the assigned territory on a regular basis to assess needs, and develop solution-based, customer specific, product packages.
- Create presentations, block diagrams, support tools, etc. needed to give dealers/customers appropriate system recommendations.
- Configure quotes for product packages and system recommendations.
- Must use, and keep current, the ACT! database with all sales product activities and customer contact information in your territory.
- Attend and support trade shows and meetings in the defined territory as well as pertinent national and international shows.
- Develop and achieve order intake within the guidelines of the corporate plan or territory quota.
- Provide management with the information necessary to adequately forecast potential business within the territory.
- Monitor, evaluate, and communicate on the activities and products of the competition.
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans to help meet corporate goals within the territory by directing the training and coordinating sales among Dealers, System Integrators, and Sales Representatives.
- Assist the Partners as required to establish and maintain customer relationships, help make sales presentations, and negotiate and close business.
- Communicate and work with company departments to organize demo systems, signage and paperwork for tradeshows and customer specific demos.
- Work with Sales management on creating and implementing efficiencies in the sales processes.
- Provide information to and work with Director of Sales Engineering on all items pertaining to your assigned territory and the Sales department as a whole.
- Achieve an acceptable level of customer satisfaction within the assigned territory.
- Perform other jobs as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and or abilities required. Must be proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint). Entrepreneurial spirit, team player, highly organized, and ability to multi-task. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TRAVEL: (Currently due to COVID19 travelling is limited if any, should only travel if deemed necessary and safe.)
Position requires extensive travel within the territory. Travel expectations for this job are 50%. Must plan and report timely travel activity and expense reports that maintain expenditures within the approved budget.